In mid-March, EIZO will release the new 27" ColorEdge CG276 monitor. The CG276 features a 3D look-up table (LUT), automatic colour drift correction and an IPS LCD module for top-rate image quality. In addition to the DVI-D and HDMI interfaces, it also offers a DisplayPort with 10-bit colour resolution. With a billion colours to choose from, the monitor displays even the smallest of tonal gradations. This is particularly true for the darkest hues, where the full 16-bit LUT spectrum comes into play. Colours are differentiated just like in the original image.
The simulation of CMYK printouts using the CG276 meets softproofing solution requirements. For film production, you can upload 3D LUTs to the monitor's memory, allowing you to view the exact colouring of your film material. To set the white balance and hue curve, the monitor uses fully automatic hardware calibration in conjunction with the EIZO ColorNavigator software, which comes with the product. The measurement device integrated into the CG276 automatically positions itself for calibration and is concealed in the housing until the next measurement. The CG276 delivers a level of colour precision required to meet the needs of professional users.
EIZO ColorEdge CG276 (Picture: EIZO)
Main features of the ColorEdge CG276:
- Wide gamut LCD, contrast 1000:1, brightness 350 cd/qm
- Integrated measurement device and fully automatic self-calibration
- Colour precision with 16-bit look-up table and up to 10-bit colour reproduction
- Digital Uniformity Equalizer for perfect luminance distribution and colour purity
- Temperature-controlled adjustment of colour drift and brightness
- 3D-LUT for precise hardware calibration of brightness, white balance and gamma
- DisplayPort, DVI-D and HDMI inputs for digital and analogue ports
- Recommended retail price: EUR 2.290 Euro.