Are you sure you guys cant find the panel maker and the panel bit/frc specs ?
and append the review with the missing info ?
why do I get the feeling you have a weak spot for eizo and dont go a bit further on asus ?
I am happy too. First impressions are very positive. I wasn´t expecting that coming straight from a crt (mitsubishi diamond 200)
Yes there is some (not a lot really) backlight bleeding/brightness uniformity mostly noticeable on the right lower corner but brightness can go to 0 and this will be kept to a minimum, whereas pwm is not to be seen, or at least you won´t feel it
So maybe this one is a keeper!
also ASCR - asus smart contrast ratio is not talked about, would be interesting to know if the auto contrast bears any benefits on this display
Different editors write different reviews. And some wirtie a lttle bit more. So what kind of facts or importan data are you missing?
thks for the reply Andy
well I am very interested in knowing some more details, the ones I posted right on the beginning of this thread, the very same I wrote on the review comments
unfortunately this review is not as complete as the eizo ev2436 (8 pages vs 12 pages) and many fact or important data is missing
thks for your review, in fact I bought a 3 month review pack
I have written this on comments but maybe the forum is better
but Id like to ask for need some additional info for the pb248q;
- I am comparing this to the Eizo EV2436W, would you Consider them to be at a similar level price / quality wise?
- The user manual states The Possibility of disabling the power led (you wrote no option) can you check that out?
- Can you identify the panel maker? is it a true 8-bit or 6-bit + FRC panel? and the LUT ?
- How would you rate the panel coating, light, medium or hard matte?
- If I get this monitor I will not have access to a colorimeter. If I do will you be kind and able to Provide a calibrated ICC file and / or brightness, 6 axis hue / saturation, gain and offset settings (semi-dark room)?
- Does it show true whites or are they tinted?
- How about > 60hz (70/72Hz etc) refresh rates at the available resolutions on the dp / vga / hdmi / dvi inputs, is it possible?
- Is pwm on for all brightness levels?
- how do you think the panel is viable to achieve achievement 9400 Hz (it is so much higher than any other similarly priced offer on the market)?
- Is focus setting on the display useful, have you tested it?
Thank you for your time