3008WFP extensive testing and conclusion

• I've gone through a couple of these monitors and I have to say that I am quite a bit disappointed :( There are two huge flaws in these displays that hinder a professional photographer like me from using them: 1. There's quite a large problem with backlight bleeding on the A03 revision in the top middle area on the left half of the display. 2. The display shows quite a severe lack of uniformity in both backlighting and color. I've tested this display by taking test images at shutter speed slower than it's refresh rate of 60hz and came up with the results of uniformity: they are exactly as mentioned in prad.de review- left half is darker than right. My result with image duplicated over a few times and overlayed shows this problem. The lens vignetting was compensated for and middle 80% of frame were used to minimize it. The issue at hand is I can never get consistency in color or luminosity while editing images. I don't know which half to trust in this matter. The display was calibrated using Spyder 3 Elite to Adobe RGB standards. I hope I can help someone make smart decision while shopping for a display. Meanwhile, I would love to get a response from one of Prad.de editors with their opinion about the issue at hand, and possibly a recomendation for a better display in this price range as I am still under 21 day return policy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• a recomendation for a better display in this price range as I am still under 21 day return policy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You might be interestet in the Dell u2711. Since there is no u3011 yet this is the next best thing to get imo.