Posts by HUp2pn

Hallo

Nein, dieser Vorgang ist nicht normal. Ich habe auch ein EV2436WFS und ich kann bestätigen, dass es passiert nicht ich.

Ich empfehle, dass Sie der Monitor für Service gibt überprüft, oder gibt den Monitor und fragt einen anderen senden.

Ein Gruß

PS: Ich bin nicht Deutsch, ich entschuldige mich für die Übersetzung

Hello,

I'm sorry about posting in english, but I don't understand your replies translated from german to spanish, could anyone sum up those replies in english? :(

On the other hand, Eizo think the ambient light sensor is not operating correctly (as I described at least). According to the user manual:

As “Brightness” in the Setting menu is changed, the auto adjustment range for Auto EcoView is also changed.

You can find that note on page 37 (english version). So, in theory, you should be able to increase brightness even with the Auto EcoView (aka light sensor) feature enabled. In practice, this is not always true, because when the evening falls, luminosity decreases too and increasing brightness has no effect at all.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your replies, indeed. For your information, Eizo Iberica (Spain) have sent a report to Eizo Japan HQ. There should be an answer within a week. I will keep you posted on this.

Best regards and Happy Christmas to all :)

PS: uli22: I see you've achieved 1284:1 static contrast ratio with your colorimeter!! Wow, that's great, I'm going to buy the same colorimeter, i1 Display Pro :thumbsup:

Hallo, zuerst ich entschuldige mich für Deutsch, aber es ist nicht meine Muttersprache und ich musste einen Übersetzer benutzen diesen Beitrag hier schreiben. Ich schreibe die Post hier, weil ich weiß, dass dieses Forum mehr Bewegung als Englisch hat und ich habe ein Problem, das ich dringend auflösen muss.

Mein Problem ist, dass ich die Helligkeit der Funktion anpassen können, die Auto EcoView Eizo EV2436W vor kurzem gekauft. Das Handbuch sagt, dass Sie nicht anpassen können, das Angebot an Helligkeit es oben und unten, während die Funktion aktiviert ist. Aber die Realität ist, dass wenn der Abend fällt, der Monitor zu dunkel aussieht und nicht angenehm ist zu lesen. In diesem Augenblick laden Sie die Helligkeitsstufe, aber Helligkeit ändert sich nicht, ist ebenso dünn ist.

Ich frage mich, ob es eine Möglichkeit gibt, mit Software von Eizo, zwingen den Monitor, die mir passen die Helligkeit auf das minimum, was ich will, will er nicht derjenige. Alternativ, wenn mit einem Monitor Eizo mir erklären kann, wie man die Helligkeit manuell zu erzwingen. Es ist ein negativer Punkt, dass das NEC besser implementiert, eine Strafe für einen Monitor, der nicht gerade billig ist.

Vielen Dank im voraus und mit freundlichen Grüßen :)

Hello,

My old NEC 2490WUXi is already broken and there is no fix for it (LCD aberration - panel is discontinued). So I'm on the boat of buying a similar monitor. My concern is the aggressive AG coating of the new 24.1" IPS screens. I'm looking for a monitor with a bearable AG coating, similar to the coatings I've seen on the HP ZR2440w and ASUS PA248Q (both perfectly bearable, but their color rendition did not satisfy me). It would be ideal for me "a NEC P241W with a bit lighter coating". I'm currently testing this monitor and, besides the coating, the NEC P241W is stellar, with a very neutral white (warm, not cool like modern W-LED monitors), very good setup out-of-the-box and almost zero backlight bleed, but the coating is driving me nuts.

Discarded models:
    Samsung S24A850D (poor sRGB accuracy and backlight bleed issues)
    HP ZR2440w (I'm not satisfied with the color rendition nor the backlight bleed/IPS Glow)
    Asus PA248Q (the same as the previous, the IPS Glow is lower than the ZR2440w's though)
    Eizo CG246, CX240 (quite expensive, out of my price range)

Max budget: 1000 euro

Note I'm not asking for a semi-glossy display, just a display with a not quite heavy AG coating like my current P241W. Hardware calibration is not needed at all, but color quality is (warm white point and accurate colors is my first priority).

What about the new Eizo EV2436WFS? I know it's a LED backlit monitor, but I could give it a try if the coating is a bit lighter than the used on the P241W. PRAD have recently reviewed this monitor, so I think they must know anything about it.

Thank you very much in advance

Hi Lashton:

I've the following problem, it is odd though. When I connect my 2690 to the graphics card of my main PC via a DVI-D connection, text mode and another resolutions lower than native are automatically detected as the native (1920x1200). For example, BIOS Setup screen is in text mode and is detected as 1920x1200 size. Windows XP logo screen is about 640x480 I think and again it is detected as 1920x1200px. The issue is I have no expansion modes available except custom zoom (I'd like to have available the ASPECT mode at least).

I have another NEC monitor, a 20WGX2 Pro, and this unit is connected to another PC via a D-Sub cable. Here the 20WGX2 detects text mode resolutions as 720x400 and the Windows XP logo screen with the same resolution. Therefore, I have expansion modes available and I can expand/stretch the image as desired. But if I connect the 20WGX2 to the MAIN PC with the DVI-D connection, 2690 issues appear again: no expansion modes are available for the 20WGX2 under text mode (BIOS screen) and under Windows XP logo screen.

May be a problem with main PC's graphics card? It's a XFX NVIDIA 6600GT with 128MB. This card has only 2 DVI inputs (no D-Sub available) so I have no possibility to test the 2690 with a D-Sub connection on this PC. The other PC (with the D-Sub connection) has integrated graphics (NVIDIA Quadro 280 I think) and the 20WGX2 interpolates nicely the text mode and other resolutions.

May be a problem of both NEC's with DVI connection? A firmware problem perhaps?

Anyone with a 2690 and/or 20WGX2 can help me?

Thanks a lot

Thanks Lashton for your help :)

Yes, I want to order the monitor on an online shop. In my country, Spain, we have 7 days to evaluate the product. If customer is not satisfied, he can send back to the shop paying shipping.

Regards

I'm VERY interested in purchasing this monitor, but I've a few questions before doing it:

1) How does it scale with resolutions lower than the native 1920x1200 for the Windows Desktop (not in games)? I'd like to know which is the text quality with these resolutions, at least with 1680x1050. I've the famous NEC 20WGX2 at the moment and I'm not satisfied with its interpolation algorithm. With resolutions lower than 1680x1050 text is very blurred with the 'aspect' expansion mode and it is impossible to work with. In the Prad.de review, only it is tested the interpolation algorithm in games, not in the desktop.

2) What is the *real* sRGB gamut percentage on this monitor? I suspect that the actual sRGB gamut is about 72% but I'm not sure of this. Can you confirm this? I know this monitor is wide gamut and the aRGB gamut is about 93% and the NTSC gamut about 91%. If this is true (the sRGB gamut is 72%) how does it affect to the color representation on this mode? Can you qualify it as poor?

3) I've read posts on other forums where people has used this monitor in order to play games under real DOS boxes (i.e., classic games). I'm interested on this too, specially for the custom scaling feature. Since this monitor is wide gamut by nature, how does the color rendition is under real DOS games? Is it very oversaturated or in games is this not noticeable? Can you play classic games under DOS boxes in a comfortably manner?

4) Is it possible to work with it comfortably in the sRGB color space? Can the monitor be calibrated by hardware under the sRGB space or is this not possible yet (only via the graphics card LUT)? At least, is it more accurate in the sRGB space than HP LP2475w?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,
    HU