FSC P19-1A (Prad.de User)

• Review of the Fujitsu-Siemens P19-1A.

I have got my new Fujitsu.Siemens P19-1A. After a long wait time for the NEC 1960 NXI I had a talk with Mr. Barat, the manager of the TFTshop.net. He advised me to take the FSC into consideration. From my times in the USA I didn’t know that FSC produces TFT Monitors as well. There you only find other Fujitsu products. Anyway I decided to give this monitor a try!

I am an Office user, who needs the computer for writing, calculating, surfing, sometimes to do graphics. My system is AMD 64 3200, 512 RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB.
    First of all I wanted a monitor with a fast response time because I like to watch DVDs on my computer. Secondly I like to play every now and then; I am not a hardcore gamer though, no time and no interest. Thirdly I thought a faster response time gives me some room for future developments.

I want to stress that I don’t have a lot experience with TFT panels except that I have owned a Dell Inspiron for more than 4 years now. Its panel is quite dim compared to the Fujitsu.

Packing: well packed in Styrofoam :) :) :) :) :)

Content: cables: DVI, power cord to PC powersupply (!), analog graphics cable, audio cable; extra power cable thanks to Mr. Barat! Pivot software CD, driver disk(!), manual and warranty (don’t worry, if you find a 12-month-bring-in warranty; I verified with FSC that it is actually a 3-year-pick-up warranty!!!) :) :) :) :) :)

Looks and ergonomics: greyish, very solid stand, the mechanical aspects are very good (easily turnable, easy pivot); very straight forward simple appearance, practical!
    Of course it depends on your taste, whether you like the TFT or not! Unfortunately you only can get it in grey! :) :) :) :) :)

First impression: The Black color seems to be black (I wonder why some guys here on Prad see it as grey?), other colors bright, but not as bright as MVA/PVA panels.
    I don’t see any crystal effect. :) :) :) :)

Test with the Nokia software: one subpixel (red) is defective (permanently on), almost in the middle of the panel! Other tests are o.k. :) :) :) :)

Office software: You see the red pixel. That is unfortunate, but I think you can get used to it! On dark colors the red pixel cannot be seen. Pivot is really great for working with Word etc. :) :) :) :) :)

Flash animations and DVDs: I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s a wide screen format and it seems that the backlight does not light the panel evenly. The lower right corner is darker. Otherwise it is really fun to watch DVDs on this panel.
    I tested with another DVD and there was no uneven backlight, strange! If you don’t switch off the lights while watching, you won’t see any uneven backlight anyways. Flash Animations are good. :) :) :) :)
    PRAD Flash streak-test: There are ghosting and trailing streaks clearly visible. But believe me, on my Dell Inspiron they are much much worse!!! I do not know if the graphics card is an important factor for this to happen. :) :) :) :)

Games: 1503 plays well, clear colors! Sorry folks, I have no ego-shooters! :) :) :) :) :)

I really think you get a good bang for the buck with this monitor. Especially for office use the price-performance ratio is very good. This is my personal impression, I have in a regular working environment. So I didn’t set up any special strenuous tests or weird conditions.

I like to thank Mr. Barat for his professional attitude, customer-orientation and sound advice based on his profound technical knowledge of TFTs. First I was interested in a 17” Monitor. But he pointed out that in the native resolution of 17” TFTs letters would show very small. This I didn’t take into consideration. Because I mainly use office software I like to read comfortably. Therefore I decided to go with a 19” panel.
    Moreover he is a reliable business partner and therefore I can strongly recommend his TFTshop.net.

In addition to that I would like to thank everybody on the Prad board!!

• Thanks for the review Phoenix! :)

I hope TFTshop will think to sell monitors out of Germany... because in Italy we have the same monitors at same price with a big delay.
    And here brands like Iiyama, Hansol and others are unfindable...
    :(

• Hi again,

I have some additions to make concerning my review of the Fujitsu Siemens P19-1A:

I tested it analog and couldn't tell any difference in comparison to digital! It looks like to me you get the best picture quality when you set it to native resolution.
    I also forgot to mention the in-built speakers which are actually quite nice.

I am very happy with this monitor, the practical aspects, the ergonomics (TCO 03) and the quality of the picture! :] :] :D

For any other new insights I will post follow-ups!

kind regards to all!!

Original von miomao
    Thanks for the review Phoenix! :)

I hope TFTshop will think to sell monitors out of Germany... because in Italy we have the same monitors at same price with a big delay.
    And here brands like Iiyama, Hansol and others are unfindable...
    :(

Well,

you should send your complains to Mr. "warmongering" Berlusconi and urge him to stop ruining noble Italy ;)

• Please Beren don't talk about politics... ;(
    Every individual government has ruined something of this country.

Now we have a crazy law against file sharing that Internet users hates and providers don't understand how they can apply.

In Italy there are good and honest people, but this people run far away from politics.
    I hope to have express the concept... ;)

Original von miomao
    Please Beren don't talk about politics... ;(
    Every individual government has ruined something of this country.

Now we have a crazy law against file sharing that Internet users hates and providers don't understand how they can apply.

In Italy there are good and honest people, but this people run far away from politics.
    I hope to have express the concept... ;)

No No, you misunderstood me. I didn't mean insulting your country and its people. Italy itself is a noble and beautiful country rich in culture and history :)) but unfortunately ruled and perverted by a warmongering chimpanzee called Berlusconi. X(