Feedback and question on PRAD review of LG W2442PA

• Hello,

Thank you for your detailed monitor reviews. Since I'm new here, I'm not sure I have posted this message in the right place.

In the review of the LG W2442PA, there is something unclear to me:

PRAD states that the representation of greyscale by this monitor shows clear banding.
    However, the greyscale image provided just below (lg_w2442pa_gradients.jpg) does in fact include all the 256 shades of grey.
    So does this greyscale image actually represent what the LG W2442PA can display or is it the source greyscale image used for testing?

Then, there is a 2nd image with the colour gradients which seems to have 32 steps for each colour, so I guess that the bands are actually in the source test image itself, not as a result of monitor unability to display all shades. Is this correct?

For my understanding, could someone please clarify the result shown for the greyscale test for this monitor.

Thanks in advance,

• Hello,
    PRAD states that the representation of greyscale by this monitor shows clear banding.
    However, the greyscale image provided just below (lg_w2442pa_gradients.jpg) does in fact include all the 256 shades of grey.
    So does this greyscale image actually represent what the LG W2442PA can display or is it the source greyscale image used for testing?

Yes, it's the greyscale image for testing.

Then, there is a 2nd image with the colour gradients which seems to have 32 steps for each colour, so I guess that the bands are actually in the source test image itself, not as a result of monitor unability to display all shades. Is this correct?

Yes.