19"/17" recommendation

• A lot of users got the problem with the luminosity. Try to use it at day only first where you have a good lightning conditions.

• Hi Jacaru

Regarding your previous questions:

Optical filters for LCD:

's.htm

sRGB:

I'm considering 1970NX ... trying to choose between it and Iiyama 481E. You have had 1970NX for a while now. Is luminosity still a problem? Would you recommend this TFT?

Thanks.

• Luminosity is a personal problem i have(i have sensible eyes and use the LCD in bad lighting conditions). Its not a problem of the LCD. Otherwise im very happy with the LCD, and if you have followed the whole thread, it improves in every aspect the previous LCD i had. Im yet to find anything bad about it.

• Thanks Jacaru

It is good to have your opinion too. Yes, I read the whole thread, very interesting - and promising. I must say if there wasn't Iiyama ProLite E481, I would buy 1970NX without any hesitation. Read my thread if you want to know more.

Totamec has been helping me too :)

• I have located a 3M filter, i think nothing more is available in Spain. A 19" filter is not cheap I must say. Thanks for your help anyway.

Anyone knows what are the different DV-modes in the monitor for? It has 3 modes and seem to affect the luminosity.

Also, I would like a program that would provide me a fast way to change between different contrast & brightness profiles. Neither the monitor software (Naviset) nor my graphic card drivers (Catalyst) provide me with this function.

As a final note, isnt RGB a standard for people that need to work with colour through many different devices?

Thanks,
    Jacaru.

• How are they called?

I know a program, I will take a look if it is in english avaible and send you an e-mail ;)

Yep, with RGB are you absolutly right!

• Well its not like it has explicit names. DV-Mode OFF, DV-Mode 1, DV-Mode 2, DV-Mode 3. The manual tells these different modes are meant for working with text, video watching etc...but it does not specify which is for what exactly. I guess we will need another NEC user for this one :P

• I will take care about it tomorrow! Don´t worry and please don´t be angry with me, I have to get up in 5hours and walk to work.

Original von jacaru
    Also, I would like a program that would provide me a fast way to change between different contrast & brightness profiles. Neither the monitor software (Naviset) nor my graphic card drivers (Catalyst) provide me with this function.

Have a look at to the brightness controller tool from NEC: [/URL]

You can not freely setup own profiles for brithness control, but you are able to distingish the brightness setup between different types of applications.

Hopefully it helps you.

Original von jacaru
    Well its not like it has explicit names. DV-Mode OFF, DV-Mode 1, DV-Mode 2, DV-Mode 3. The manual tells these different modes are meant for working with text, video watching etc...but it does not specify which is for what exactly. I guess we will need another NEC user for this one :P

As I found on NEC daatsheets they call it "Digital Visual Modes" but there is no detailed explanation about the technical background of this feature. Anyhow I guess, that this DV-modes are presets of gamma values. My 1980SX doesn't offer DV-modes in its standard menu (also not in the advanced menu), but im the advanced menu I can change the gamma values free as I prefer. There are also presets called "No correction", "2.2"; and "S-Curve". I assume that's the same. ;)

• Yes it seems related to gamma. I use DV-Mode 3 (lowest gama) for desktop use and DV-Mode 2 (medium gamma) for games and films. Thanks for your help.