Need advice on S-IPS panel.

• After ordering a LG Flatron 1710BK I had to take it back because I hated the TN+Film matrix. The top would always be noticably more dark than the bottom. I occasionaly do webdesign and such a thing is not acceptable, so I am looking for a monitor with an IPS or MVA/PVA panel. The thing is that I dont have much of a budget, I can only spend under $475 (US).

I heard that the LG 1910B and LG 1910S have an IPS display, but there is also the LG 1910BK and SK. I am looking at this one right now:

LG Flatron

Are models with K at the end essentially the same? Any advice on what to get would be great! Amazon.com and Newegg.com are the big computer online retailers here.

(I am from the USA btw).

• If you won't play fast games, a PVA/MVA Panel would be just right for you. In this case we recommend the Belinea 101920 ( ~ 400 € ) .

Ciao Rinaldo

_.+*" Mind Expanding Species "*+._.+*" Estar De Viaje "*+._

"Begegnungen, die die Seele berühren, hinterlassen Spuren, die nie ganz verwehen."

• Hi there,
    just minor differences, - like you said, essentially the same.
    A quick google search on "1910bk" or "1910 bk" didn't reveal much info.
    But I can assure you the whole LG 1910 series incorporates IPS technology, which is what you wanted to make sure, I believe?

Greetz

• Is the Belinea 101920 available in the United States? I've never come across it while researching what to buy. I am also looking at a Samsung 173P if I can find it cheap enough, probably here

But I can assure you the whole LG 1910 series incorporates IPS technology, which is what you wanted to make sure, I believe?

Yeah, that's what I wanna know since the LG panel seems to be the cheapest at about 400USD. I just want to get the best value without compromising too much. Gaming might be a slight issue but colors/viewing angle are more important to me.

• The Samsung 173P is a 17" TFT. I guess you search for a 19" TFT, am I right? The Iiyama ProLite E481S and the FSC P19-1A also contains the LG S-IPS Panel. If you are sure, that colour suartion and colour reprodution is more important than game feasibility, that a PVA/MVA Panel is the better choice. The Belinea 101920 is one of the cheapest 19"PVA TFT monitors.

Originally posted by Weideblitz
    The Samsung 173P is a 17" TFT. I guess you search for a 19" TFT, am I right? The Iiyama ProLite E481S and the FSC P19-1A also contains the LG S-IPS Panel. If you are sure, that colour suartion and colour reprodution is more important than game feasibility, that a PVA/MVA Panel is the better choice. The Belinea 101920 is one of the cheapest 19"PVA TFT monitors.

To me it doesnt matter too much if the monitor will be 17" or 19" (resolution is pretty much the same for both sizes), it's just that most PVA/MVA and IPS panels seem to be 19" (In all honesty though, now that I think of it, 17" would probably suite me best because eventually I will buy another display since my video card has dual-DVI). The Belinea 101920 looks nice but it appears you cannot get it in the USA, unless here it is sold under a different name (I see that it uses a Samsung panel, so it is just a matter if finding a Samsung model that uses the same one as well, price should be more or less the same). Is PVA/MVA better for all-round performance or is IPS? And just for the record, which one is better for color and viewing angle? Everywhere I read it said that IPS is best for color. Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate all the feedback!

• Belinea doesn´t sell to the USA. I think they deliever only to mexico.& canada.

Best for colors: MVA/ PVA
    Best all-round (games, video, grafic): IPS
    Best viewing-angle: MVA/ PVA

TFT 1 (out of ur budget, but quality costs; IPS Panel)
    TFT 2 (in ur budget;IPS Panel )
    TFT 3 (same panel as the Belinea).

• off-topic:
    for everybody with vague plans on a quick vacation and on buying unbulky but expensive electronics. The dollar is on such a low level right now that it would still pay off to buy a ticket to NY, spend the night in a hotel, get the gizmo and fly back. This starts to make sense for electronics priced at 2000 bucks or above.
    I'm not kidding. Think about it. 100 $ for 75 €.
    You can catch a flight for 300 euros.

• =)

Nice Idea! Now i just have to find someone who want to fly with me. :D

• OOh!!

How does this monitor look:

DELL

it is on sale and I can get a coupon which brings the price down to 250 USD. Any idea what kind of panel that is? I looks like PVA...