Posts by tetsuo

Hallo Renfield,
    Vielen Dank für das Feedback. Ich bin bei Prad für die Programmierung des Bezahlsystems zuständig.
    Ich habe dir eine PM geschickt.

hard to say from here without more specifics. If the desired resolutions are not available under "control panel -> display" then try ATI control panel or the nvidia equivalent, depending on the graphics card you are using. There should be more options.
    Also, did the LG display come with a cd? Or maybe there is a .inf file on LG's website that you can use.

Hello and welcome to the boards! =)
    Sorry for the delayed reply.

This is indeed an interesting finding.
    I'll try and see if I can reproduce it on other displays that also use ADCC and ask others to do the same.
    It would be great to know for sure if this problem can be generally ascribed to ADCC.

hmm, jetzt schreibt overclocker.co.uk 1000:1 Kontrast. Ich dachte eventuell an H-IPS oder A-TW-IPS wie beim NEC da auf anderen Seiten 800:1 angegeben sind.
    Was mich bei Acer ja immer wieder stört ist, dass sie neue Produkte grundsätzlich nie auf ihrer eigenen Press release webseite ankündigen, oft sogar lange bis in den Verkaufsstart hinein kein Datenblatt führen etc.
    Nun gut, wir werden sehen...
    Ich wünsche erholsame Feiertage! =)

Der Acer Value Line AL2623W

Daten:
    • 1920x1200,
    • analog/digital,
    • Helligkeit: 500cd/m²
    • Kontrast: 800:1
    • Reaktionszeit: 5ms
    • Blickwinkel: 178°/178°
    • Lautsprecher
    • Panel: ?

ist seit 3 Tagen in einigen shops ab ~1060 € gelistet.

Zusätzlich existiert eine fast identische Version ohne DVI-Eingang unter dem Namen AL2616W und wird ab ~870 € zu haben sein.

Hi,
    I'm glad you like it. =)

1) Unfortunatelly, it has 2 stuck (white pixels). The first can be seen only in a black+blue background, and the second can be seen only in black background. Are these stuck pixels? Are "stuck pixel repair programs" a myth, or they can bring back to life a stuck pixel?

Few people claimed that it had worked for them. However, these methods are highly disputed, and it's probably more about luck than anything else.
    If you decide to try it, do so on your own risk, as you might end up with more stuck pixels than before: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_pixel#Fixing_stuck_pixels
    And make sure that it's really a stuck pixel and not a dead pixel.

2) In some big and uniform images with same colorm I can clearly distinguish vertical stripes (like waves. The same happens with color gradients. I can see where the color changes. The color change is not homogeneous.
    Is it the monitor, or the grafic card? (I use a 4 years old AGP nVidia card (GeForxe2 MX/MX400) with RGB connection)

Do you use 16 bit or 32 Bit color depth in Windows?
    Regardless of the stripes, I would always recommend using video cards with DVI for best quality. They come pretty cheap nowadays.

well, there are a few reliable German and Austrian online shops that also ship to all countries of the European Union. However, the problem is that these shops are not in English, which would make the ordering process rather complicated. Particularly in case of any potential problems arising later on, things can quickly turn into a hassle. Also, most of the price advantage would probably be negated by the higher shipping costs.

you're welcome!
    Actually, I once drove a moped (yea, I know :P ) on the Greek island Korfu when I was 16 years old. Beautiful place. No more motorcycling today, though. But your offer is much appreciated =)

The S20-1W was measured to have a slightly lower contrast than the others. I can't really tell you much about the Acer and the Asus.
    I'd recommend the Belinea 102035W.
    Because, of the tree monitors reviewed on PRAD (s20-1w, vx2020wm, and 102035W)
    the Belinea is not only the least complained about, but it also provides better interpolation image quality. As to response time, they are all pretty much alike.

good luck

sorry, my fault. I forgot about this one.
    I now remember reading this when I translated the German review into English back then.
    It is indeed confusing how they are still able to reach these response times, though.

It is a P-MVA (P for Premium) panel, an advanced version of the MVA technology, manufactured by AU Optronics.
    This is combined with Overdrive technology, resulting in great responsiveness.

It is well known that MVA panels have the worst response time of all the panels.

Until 1.5 years ago, this statement was true. Since the introduction of Overdrive, however, things have changed quite radically.

So my question is, should i look for an IPS monitor istead? Will the MVA S20-1W be good enough for gaming? I've also heard that it is an old monitor, tha tends to be "classic". Is it true?

It may be kind of old (actually only a year or so) by today's standard life cycle of LCD monitors. However, if you want a quality (i.e. no TN) 20+ inch widescreen monitor for less than 400 Euros, there is basically nothing else to buy out there other than the five monitors listed below, which all combine the same AU Optronic panel "M201EW01" with Overdrive:

FSC S20-1W
    Belinea 102035W
    ViewSonic VX2025wm
    ASUS PW201
    Acer AL2051Ws

If you can find a deal on the NEC 20WGX² ( >500 Euros in Germany) then this might another option worth considering, since it is one of the (if not the) fastest widescreen monitor on the market. It uses an advanced type of S-IPS panel.

Hi,

The S20-1W is definitely MVA.
    As for the LG L204WT:
    yes, it is a TN panel, and
    no, the attention it is getting is not a successful achievement of the engineers but rather one of the marketing department. Its contrast ratio specs are sugarcoated and only refer to some kind of artificial dynamic contrast optimization.

The Belinea 10 20 35W (manufacturer: maxdata) is a well proven monitor, just as the S20-1W is. Both are very similar in specs and panel (MVA).
    Reviews of both monitors are available in English here on PRAD.de
    review of the 102035W
    review of the S20-1W

The vp930 indeed seems to be a very good monitor. However, you might want to make sure to get one of the newer revisions, as early revisions of the vp930 showed some banding on gradients. Although, oddly enough, it was possible to avoid this banding effect by keeping the OSD contrast setting of the VP930 close to 50 percent.
    Of course, the best way to be really sure would be to compare them both side-by-side in a local store.

1. How can I be sure that Samsung put 8bit matrice in 971p?

The 971p uses an S-PVA panel, whereas the 970p had a PVA panel. If there was any dithering on the 971p, it would probably have been mentioned in some forum by now. I'd be very surprised if Samsung didn't learn from the mistakes made with the 970p.

2. And how can 8bit matrice have 6ms response time?

Overdrive.
    Manufacturers specs should always be taken with a grain of salt, as independent measurements often tell a different story than what's on the data sheet. Among millions of pixel shift response time measurements for each of the countless different color and grey changes, it is common for manufacturers to only state the very lowest they could come up with.
    If one was to calculate the average response time of all these measurements, it would be somewhere between 10 and 20 ms for some of the today's fastest LCD monitors.

3. How big is deficiency that 971p doesn't have OSD and has no buttons on the frame?

Not big at all, (if you're ok with using Magictune).

4. When will prad.de make complete proffesional review of this monitor?

afaik, no review for the 971p planned right now, - or at least not anytime soon.

Personally, I don't find dead pixels to be as striking as they are often made out to be. Most of the time, there is alwas some amount of dust on one's screen which looks pretty much like dead pixels, yet ironically, people do not regard dust particles as annoying as dead pixels/subpixels.

The 971p is still kind of new, so overall performance can not be reliably judged yet. No dithering reports so far. However, there are some contradictory user reports that noticed some ghosting while some review and many other users claimed the gaming performance to be superb. ?(

oops, sry.
    I must have confused it with the 971P, as this one is more comparable to the 190P7ES in terms of their technical generation.
    Aside from its dithering problem, the 970p is rather "old" (considering the average product lifetime in the LCD monitor market).

Are you pressed between the two, or are there other alternatives available as well?

Hi,
    S-PVA and P-MVA are more advanced versions of PVA and MVA, respectively.

There have been user reports about input lag in some (S-)PVA panel monitors.
    But, aside from some very slight differences, S-PVA and P-MVA are pretty much on par as far as image quality goes.
    Although P-MVA is generally considered to be better for gaming since it shows less input lag, the specific Philips model 190P7ES you're mentioning (whose specs initially seemed very intriguing) quickly after release was reported to suffer from a sort of "white" ghosting effect showing in some game titles, which probably stems from bad implementation of Overdrive.

Keep in mind that panel technologies are only one side of the coin and that the electronics implemented by the various monitor manufacturers play a large - if not the most important - role in how the resulting image quality will look on the screen.

People often tend to forget S-IPS, which, with its latest generation (A-TW-IPS) represents a strong competitor in this panel tech battle. Apart from its glossy surface, there is not a single aspect where it would loose out against VA.