Best Sony 17 & 19 TFT ?

• Hi all,

can anybody tell me what is the best Sony TFT 17 & 19 for the following profile:

30% internet
    30% microsoft office
    25% shooting games
    10% films
    5 % photos

Thanks a lot,

Luis

Athlon XP2500-M @3700
    Soltek SL-75FRN2 Dual Channel
    2x256 DDR400 TwinMOS
    Samsung SP1614N 160 GB 8 MB Cache
    ATI 9700
    NEC 3500A DVDRW
    LG LCD 575MM

• thanks Tomatec for the answer.

do you think the Sony SDMHS94PS is better than the dell 1905FP?

I haven't found any review about the Sony but it has very nice specifications like 12ms etc.

Athlon XP2500-M @3700
    2x256 DDR400 TwinMOS
    ATI 9700
    NEC 3500A DVDRW
    LG LCD 575MM

• Hola Matadorluis

I do not presume to be able to advice you like so many here - the experts - but I do have something to say if you're looking into Sony SDMHS94P. Maybe you have some specific reason that it has to be Sony - if so then ignore all I'm about say. But if not then consider Viewsonic VP912S as an alternative. Reasons are as follows: highly similar/same panel, more functional design, lower price and better reviews.

Actually VP912S hasn't got much reviews yet as it is quite new, but its brother VP912B has gotten very favorable feedback all over the net. VP912S is the same but with anti-glare coating instead of reflective (912B) and a silver frame instead of black. Go see my thread here "Choosing the right S-IPS.." and the second message there. Plenty of links there for you.

And one extra place to see: In you can find the reviewers liking the the 912B but not so SDMHS94P.

Just a thought. All the best of luck finding the right monitor for your needs :)

-Sleepy

• Hi sleepy,

thanks for your answer.

The reason why I am considering the sony is because i have a friend working at sony who can get the monitor with some discount (don't know how much cheaper yet) and on top on that I have read good things about the display in this forum in German. I prefer the viewsonic but is quite expensive in England (£400 or about 560€).

Besides I have bought a dell 1905fp (on sale for 435 €) which is going to be deliver on Saturday and I am thinking to return it because aparently is not as good as I though.

Its a shame that the technology on 19 TFT still no mature enough so we have to spend weeks looking for a good display at fair price....

Athlon XP2500-M @3700
    2x256 DDR400 TwinMOS
    ATI 9700
    NEC 3500A DVDRW
    LG LCD 575MM

• Yes, you did have good reasons for Sony. I sort of guessed. I have read good things about it as well (at in english). And if with a good discount.. yea, enjoy =)

I agree the tech is not yet mature enough. We can only search and search for screens suited to some needs. There's not yet an all-in-one-super-deux-ex-machina-solution ;) Man, my eyes told me I need a LCD almost two years ago and I have been hoping the TFTs to deliver ever since. There're not quite there yet, but I have something that suits me. After last couple months of looking around and lately (most importantly) thanks to to people here I found it. I hope Sony is just the ticket for you.

G'night.

• Tell us your price and we will consider if it right for you.

I think the HS93P might be a good device. But it depends on the price!

• matadorluis

If you want to buy the Sony HS94, please consider the mirror surface of this TFT. In rooms which lights below the ceiling the reflections can be very annoying. However, many users like impression of higher contrast and stronger colours, which results because of the shining surface. In fact this TFT is nothing for office areas.

• thanks for all the answers.

I don't have lights below the ceiling but I have the monitor on a table with a sunny window behind and other on the left (almost 1 meter between the monitor and windows). Very sunny place in a summer morning even in England ;) .

Athlon XP2500-M @3700
    2x256 DDR400 TwinMOS
    ATI 9700
    NEC 3500A DVDRW
    LG LCD 575MM