Eizo 778 -- does it worth the €?

• 1)
    I want to buy a new 19" TFT.
    I don't play games at all , i don't use the PC for Photo edititing...

I like a lot to watch movies, programming etc..but the most importand for me is to have clear text(so no S-IPS) , nice colors and viewing angles and to be a non tiring screen when you work on it for many hours (especially on bash &&KDE :P )

I am willing to buy my new monitor from mindfactory.de because i can find a lot of stuff there.

So there come this Eizo 778 a S-PVA with 16ms response 10-bit gamma correction...and i say WOW !!

but there is also F-S P19-2

with a S-PVA panel also and 13ms(grey-grey)

Eizo costs 758 euro and F-S 479
    I can give those money for Eizo but if F-S is as good as Eizo (more or less :P ) i would like to take the F-S because of the price.

I dont think Eizo 768(older model) is better than FS P19-2, right ?

I have to say that i saw some F-S Amilo notebooks ano their screens where dissapointing :( i haven't seen any screen of their Lifebook series though

2) Lastly do u believe a 17" isn't as tiring in the eyes as 19" or it a manner of time to get used to 19" ??? i am currently working with a Sasmung 152v 15"
    with Tn+film and i see some ghosting while scrolling down with Firefox..[B]does this exist in any of these new models i refer to ??[B]

3) PS:what is the ranking in the VA panels ? (MVA,PVA,S-PVA)

• Hi ho. :)

1)
    What makes you believe S-IPS does not have clear text? There are some evidence that S-IPS have sharpest text acutally. Contrast levles might cause problems in some situations though.

As for L778. If you can wait there are alot of brands that are about to launch models with MVA and PVA screens with overdrive that will have similar specs. You might want to wait and see how much they will cost.

2)
    15" and 19" screens have the same pixel size. 17" has less pixelsize. It makes the image less grainy. If you put both screens side by side a 17" will look a bit better because of the higher resolution. But a 17" will have smaller text. So its up to your own eyes to decide if you will like the higher resolution or the bigger text. Even so.. a 17" CRT running 1024x768 have even bigger pixel size than 19". Its different for everyone. Native resolution on a 17" is way to small for me and I think most people would prefer the larger text. And there is also another problem with 17: there are less top of the line models to pick from there. Most of them are lowend TN panels.

3)
    There is only subjective ranking when it comes to picking equipment for your own usage. :) The general consensus however seems to be that PVAs are a bit better. The overdrive MVAs (what you call S-PVA) thats comming are of course better in response time. Otherwise the specs are similar.

Originally posted by Yomat
    The overdrive MVAs (what you call S-PVA)

Getting a bit uncertain that that statement is true. There might be panels which have OverDrive and is not S-PVA. I think all S-PVAs use OverDrive though. Could be wrong.. have been before. :)

I like a lot to watch movies, programming etc..but the most importand for me is to have clear text(so no S-IPS) , nice colors and viewing angles and to be a non tiring screen when you work on it for many hours (especially on bash &&KDE )

Maybe you should have a look at the Samsung 910T or the Eizo L768, cause you dont wont to play any games, so a good response time is not really needed and the best color's, angles are still at the VA panel screens.

These two above are cheaper displays, you can also find some more expensive one's like the new overdrive technologie screens, for example the new ViewSonic VP191 8ms, the Eizo 778 or the FSC P19-2.